Last Updated: June 1, 2023
What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of personal information:
- Identification information: This includes your first and last name, sex, and date of birth.
- Contact information: This includes your phone number, email address, and physical address.
- Health information: This includes any information about your health or disability (at any time), your expressed wishes about your future health services, and personal information collected to provide a health service. This may also include information about your medical history, medication, lifestyle, and health insurance details, which is necessary for us to provide you with osteopathic and remedial massage services.
- Government identifiers: We may also collect government-related identifiers, such as your Medicare number, where necessary for us to provide our services.
How do we collect your information?
We primarily collect your personal information directly from you. This happens when you fill out forms, make online bookings, or provide information during your consultations, appointments, or interactions with our staff.
In some cases, we may collect information from third parties, such as other healthcare providers or your health insurance fund, with your consent or when the law allows us to do so.
How do we use your information?
We use your personal information to:
- Provide, administer, and improve our services.
- Communicate with you, including to send appointment reminders or important health updates.
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
- Understand your health needs and provide personalized care.
How do we protect your information?
We employ robust security measures to protect your personal information, including:
- Using secure servers and databases.
- Implementing access controls and using secure methods for transmitting data.
- Regularly reviewing and updating our practices to ensure ongoing data protection.
Disclosure of your information
We will not share your personal information without your consent, unless required by law or to ensure your health and safety. We may share your information with other health service providers for the purpose of referral, advice, or treatment.
Accessing and correcting your information
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. If you wish to do so, please contact us at (02) 8054 7166. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
Thank you for trusting MPR Health with your health and personal information.